The LabQuip Soil Assessment Cone Penetrometer (SACP or MEXE Probe) is a lightweight instrument for rapidly measuring in-depth resistance to penetration, indicating with a dial, in terms of California Bearing Ratio (CBR).
Developed in conjunction with the UK Ministry of Defence, the Mexe probe is a robust and reliable instrument used throughout the world by both commercial and military establishments.
Weight (including case) is 2.5kgs
- Measurement range for CBR is from 0-15% CBR.
- Soil trafficability measurements can be made using the Cone Index (CI) range.
- The linear CI range is from 0-300 and has 60 divisions, each of 11.12N (1.13kgf). Full deflection is 667N (67.9kgf).
- Steady penetration of the cone into the soil is required and readings are taken from the dial at 75mm (3”) intervals during penetration to a maximum depth of 600mm (24”).
- In fine-grained soils, for which the SACP is primarily intended, measurements correlate closely with CBR values, measured in-situ with conventional equipment.
- The Mexe probe is supplied complete with carrying case, which contains one CBR cone, one CI cone, one top rod, three extension rods (150mm each), tools and operating instructions.